Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3 Average
Independent - 182082 Message
03-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Greater Boston Homes

other than the commission, i also reciev processing fee (income) for every closing. i do not see anywhere to add a processing fee to a closing. ie: 100,000 sale, 3% commission = $3000, $200 processing fee, total to office $3200, the agent get 95% of $3000 only, office get 5% plus $200.

ProGold i2 Customer Care
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Framingham Real Estate

To show additional income on the commission and not have the agent share in it (Not be included in the split calculation) and have it reflect on the Commission Disbursement Statement, you add it as a Company Deduction (i.e., A deduction that occurs off the top of the deal before the split calculation).

Main menu => Transactions menu => Agents and Offices menu => Company Deductions icon

* Create a negative deduction (a minus minus is a plus) which adds to the side commission amount on the Comm Tree
* Click the New button
* Name the deduction something appropriate (e.g., LS Processing Fee, SS Processing Fee)
* Deduction Side: Listing or Selling as needed
* Fixed or Percent: Use Fixed option
* Amount/Percent: Insert the figure as a negative amount (e.g., -200.00)
* Debit Account:
- If not using accounting => Use same G/L for both Debit and Credit accounts
- If using accounting => Use a Specific Revenue G/L for the Addl Income
Note: Normally the Specific Revenue G/L would be applied via the Credit Account, but the negative deduction
(where a minus minus is a plus) reverses this and the Debit Account becomes the target account
* Credit Account:
- If using accounting => Use your default Revenue G/L (e.g, Residential Income, etc..)
- If not using accounting => Use same G/L for both Debit and Credit accounts
- Do not use a G/L account that is assigned to a cash account in Pro Gold
* Vendor: Use vendor NONE on the deduction
* Check the Active Deduction option to make it available for use
* Check Set As Default option if you want to automatically assign the deduction to your commissions
* Reduce GCI option:
- Not checked => Keeps the agent from sharing in the Add'l commission income on the Comm Tree
- Checked => Adds the Addl commission income to the split amount (i.e., Adjusted GCI figure)

Commission Tree Tab

* Assign the deduction to transaction (Click the dropdown and select it if not assigned automatically)
* Verify other deductions (if any) and calculate split

The ProGold i2 Team
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply